BGE is pledging $15 million to assist Maryland's small businesses with COVID-19 relief and recovery. Eligible businesses located in BGE's service area can apply for $20,000 BGE Energizing Small Business Grants. This grant program is part of BGE's comprehensive Customer Relief and Energy Infrastructure Investment Plan, designed to help the state’s economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
BGE Energizing Small Business Grants will prioritize companies operated by historically underrepresented groups that are pivoting their business in response to the pandemic.
To be eligible, a business must:
- Have between two and 25 employees
- Have less than $7 million in annual revenue
- Show a demonstrated need for support
- Demonstrate a strong plan for moving forward
- Be in good standing with the State of Maryland